Universities in most states in Australia offer degrees and short courses in science communication.
Australian National University (ANU) offers:
- a major in science communication as part of their Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science (Advanced) (Honours)
- a range of short courses
- Masters degrees in Science Communication and Science Communication Outreach.
The University of Canberra offers an undergraduate subject: Communication in Science.
New South Wales
The University of New South Wales offers some subjects as part of an undergraduate degree.
The University of Sydney offers a Master of Health Communication degree.
Charles Darwin University offers an undergraduate subject: Design and Innovation: Communicating Technology.
The University of Queensland offers:
- Master of Communication with science communication as the field of study
- Graduate Certificate in Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Communication.
The University of Adelaide offers an intensive postgraduate short course: Communicating Science.
The University of Tasmania offers a couple of subjects including:
The University of Melbourne offers the following subjects:
- Communication for Research Scientists and Science Communication (postgraduate)
- Communicating Science and Technology (undergraduate)
Monash University offers the following subjects:
- Scientific practice and communication
- Scientific practice and communication (advanced)
- Science in action communication project (Gippsland)
The University of Western Australia offers: